The scandal involving the legitimacy of Barack Obama's birth certificate pales in comparison to the many scandals that have developed during his first and second terms as president.
President Obama released the long-form of his Hawaii birth certificate in 2011. However, despite this effort by the White House to put the birth certificate scandal to rest, doubts about his citizenship still linger.
Vote Now: Do You Approve or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance?
Here are 10 quotes about Barack Obama's citizenship scandal:
1. "Many ordinary Americans are wondering why the major media have not explained why the Obama ‘birth certificate’ is so lacking in basic and essential information about where he was born and which doctor by name was there when he was born. If he was born in Hawaii, as he claims, then this information should be readily available and printed on the original birth certificate.” Cliff Kincaid from Accuracy in Media
who released a long-form of his own birth certificate to demonstrate the differences between the short and long versions.
2. "If this document is forged, a U.S. senator and his presidential campaign have perpetrated a vast, long-term fraud. They have done it with conspiring officials at the Hawaii Department of Health, the Cook County (Ill.) Bureau of Vital Statistics, the Illinois Secretary of State's office, the Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois and many other government agencies." Amy Hollyfield, Politifact,
3. "In consideration of this very good promise of transparency, why can't the president respond to the petitioned requests of 400,000 American citizens by releasing a certified copy of his long form birth certificate listing hospital and physician?" Lester Kinsolving from WorldNetDaily during a 2009 press briefing in which White House spokesman Robert Gibb agreed Obama had promised to be transparent.
4. "I am so proud of myself because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish." Donald Trump, taking credit for President Obama releasing his long-form birth certificate in 2011.
5. "I know he's taken flak lately but no one is prouder to put this birth certificate matter to rest than The Donald. And that's because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter, like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?" President Obama at a White House Correspondents' Dinner
with Donald Trump in attendance.
Urgent: What Do You Think of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now
6. "One man's attempt to draw attention to himself by engaging in, you know, this kind of ridiculousness, doesn't really change what most Americans care about." White House Press Secretary Jay Carney in reference to Donald Trump.
7. "I have no clue. I have no clue whatsoever. No clue whatsoever…Until I see it myself, my mind will not be made up as to where he was born." Sen. A.G. Crowe (R-LA) when asked in 2012 about the Obama citizenship scandal and the validity of the president's birth certificate.
8. "I don't think it's real ... that's correct. And a number of people in the United States have the same opinion." Former Texas Rep. Leo Berman, 2012.
9. “Paul Revere and Samuel Adams left a time capsule. It was found, and it was opened yesterday. It did not contain Obama’s birth certificate. Many people were thinking that it might. But it didn’t.” Rush Limbaugh, 2015
10. "It seems that there’s literally nothing that can be done to convince skeptics that Obama really was born in Hawaii." FDU/PublicMind poll director Dan Cassino
after a 2015 poll revealed 34 percent of Republicans and 22 percent of independents polled say it is “definitely” or “probably” true that the president is not a citizen.
Vote Now: How Do You Rate Obama Compared to Other Presidents?
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.