Tags:

Iran Suspends $2.6B Gas Project

Sunday, 02 Sep 2012 08:21 AM


TEHRAN, Iran — Iran has suspended a $2.6 billion gas project with a Chinese consortium over a funding dispute, the nation's media reports.

The semiofficial Mehr agency on Sunday quotes an unnamed official as saying the consortium failed to provide financing for a liquid natural gas plant more than three years after it signed an agreement to build it.

The report did not identify the Chinese firms' names, although the media previously identified the group as SINOC.

It said the facility was to be built within 41 months. The official said the Chinese partner could resume its job after it provided the financing.

Iran has turned to Chinese firms for its oil and gas projects in recent years, as the country has faced tightening international sanctions because of its disputed nuclear program.



© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 
1Like our page
2Share
MiddleEast
131
2012-21-02
Sunday, 02 Sep 2012 08:21 AM
Newsmax Inc.
 
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved