Tags: moroccan | king | pedophile | pardon

Moroccan King Revokes Pedophile Pardon, But Convict Already Left the Country

By    |   Monday, 05 Aug 2013 01:55 PM

Following angry public protests, Morocco’s King Mohammed VI has revoked a pardon granted to a Spanish man convicted of raping 11 children ages four to 15, the BBC reports.

The Moroccan cabinet said the monarch was unaware of the gravity of Daniel Galvan Vina’s crimes when he granted the pardon to him and 47 other Spaniards.

Vina, 30, was sentenced to 30 years in prison in September 2011. He reportedly left Morocco after receiving the pardon last week.

Protesters denouncing the pardon clashed with police in Rabat, the capital, on Friday. Demonstrations also occurred in the cities of Tangier, Kenitra, and Tetouan and outside the Moroccan Embassy in Paris.

The king “was never informed - in any way or at any time – of the seriousness of the abject crimes of which the person concerned was convicted,” according to a statement released Sunday by the royal palace.

The statement said it “is clear that the sovereign would never have consented” to the release given the “monstrous crimes” this individual committed.



© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
Africa
Following angry public protests, Morocco's King Mohammed VI has revoked a pardon granted to a Spanish man convicted of raping 11 children ages four to 15.
moroccan,king,pedophile,pardon
171
2013-55-05
Monday, 05 Aug 2013 01:55 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved