HAVANA — The U.S. State Department says it has no plans to remove Cuba from a list of state sponsors of terrorism when it issues an upcoming annual report on terrorism.
The decision announced earlier this week by State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell is sure to ruffle feathers in Havana, which vehemently denies any links to terrorism.
Cuba has argued that its inclusion on the list is a political vendetta.
Ventrell says the State Department "has no current plans to remove Cuba" from the list. He adds that the annual report is never used to remove or add countries from the list.
The annual report on terrorism was due to be released Tuesday but has been delayed.
© Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.