Tags: US | Building Collapse | Manhattan

2 Found Dead in NYC Blast Rubble Believed to be Missing Men

Sunday, 29 Mar 2015 08:54 PM

New York authorities say everyone has been accounted for after two bodies were found in the rubble where three Manhattan apartment buildings collapsed after an apparent gas explosion.

Authorities say they believe the two dead, found Sunday, were the two missing men they had been searching for since Thursday's explosion.

Twenty-six-year-old Moises Lucon worked at a restaurant in one building and 23-year-old Nicholas Figueroa was a bowling alley worker who had been there on a date.

Mayor Bill de Blasio says someone may have improperly tapped a gas line before the explosion. Consolidated Edison said workers discovered in August that a line had been illegally tapped. Twenty-two people were injured in the explosion, four critically.

© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 
1Like our page
2Share
US
New York authorities say everyone has been accounted for after two bodies were found in the rubble where three Manhattan apartment buildings collapsed after an apparent gas explosion.
US, Building Collapse, Manhattan
115
2015-54-29
Sunday, 29 Mar 2015 08:54 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved