Tags: NBC | Bill Cosby | sexual | assault

NBC Won't Work With Bill Cosby Again After Assault Accusations

Friday, 16 Jan 2015 05:47 PM

NBC won’t work with Bill Cosby again because of sexual-assault allegations leveled against the comedian, NBC Entertainment Chairman Bob Greenblatt said.

NBC canceled the development of a Cosby project in November. It would be safe to assume the network will never work with the 77-year-old comedian again, Greenblatt told reporters today at a media event in Pasadena, California.

“He hasn’t been proven guilty of anything, but when that many people come out and have similar complaints and it becomes such a tainted situation, there was no way we could move forward,” Greenblatt said.

Executives at the Comcast Corp.-owned broadcast network had made the deal for a new show even though Cosby had been accused in years past, as did executives at Netflix Inc., which had acquired a stand-up special. New allegations against the comedian surfaced last fall, spurring a public backlash against Cosby and compelling both companies to drop their shows.

Colleges that had longstanding relationships with Cosby, including Temple University and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, also severed ties with him.

“I didn’t think it’d be a problem until it became one,” Greenblatt said.

© Copyright 2017 Bloomberg News. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
US
NBC won't work with Bill Cosby again because of sexual-assault allegations leveled against the comedian, NBC Entertainment Chairman Bob Greenblatt said.NBC canceled the development of a Cosby project in November. It would be safe to assume the network will never work with...
NBC, Bill Cosby, sexual, assault
186
2015-47-16
Friday, 16 Jan 2015 05:47 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved