A Georgia dog going by the name Honey Bun ate a meal of $10,000 worth of diamonds, reports WSMV
The dog with a discerning pallet ate the jewels off of the counters at John Ross Jewelers two weeks ago, where it frequently stays with co-owner Chuck Roberts and is beloved by customers who often hide treats for the pooch.
“A customer came in and I jumped up out of my chair and out here to wait on him. And I left the chair where you could jump up on my chair and jump up on my desk,” said Roberts.
His desk was strewn with four packs of loose diamonds, around a carat a piece.
After returning, Roberts found that only three of the packs remained with the fourth lying empty on the floor.
“Looked all over and there weren’t no diamonds, so immediately, I knew he’d eaten them,” said Roberts.
A series of X-rays showed two blank spots in the dog’s stomach, confirming that the diamonds were likely ingested.
“The next afternoon, sure enough, the two diamonds were recovered. No panic,” said Roberts.
After being cleaned, the diamonds were sent back to the supplier.
© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.