Tags: Fort Hood Shooting | Beard

Fort Hood Suspect Appeals Forcible-shaving Ruling

Thursday, 08 Nov 2012 06:01 AM

Attorneys for the suspect charged in the Fort Hood shooting spree have filed their appeal of rulings that he can have his beard forcibly shaved before his murder trial.

An Army statement says Maj. Nidal Hasan's attorneys filed their appeal Wednesday with the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces.

The appeal also seeks to have the military judge presiding over his case, Col. Gregory Gross, removed, claiming he is biased against Hasan.

Last month, the U.S. Army Court of Criminal Appeals upheld Gross' order to shave Hasan. His court-martial remains on hold pending the appeals.

The 42-year-old Army psychiatrist faces the death penalty if convicted in the 2009 attack that killed 13 and wounded more than two dozen others on the Central Texas Army post.

© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

1Like our page
2Share
US
Attorneys for the suspect charged in the Fort Hood shooting spree have filed their appeal of rulings that he can have his beard forcibly shaved before his murder trial.An Army statement says Maj. Nidal Hasan's attorneys filed their appeal Wednesday with the Court of Appeals...
Fort Hood Shooting,Beard
126
2012-01-08
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved