Tags: casey anthony | caylee | murder | nbc

'Murder Mom' Casey Anthony May Tell-All to NBC: NY Post

Image: 'Murder Mom' Casey Anthony May Tell-All to NBC: NY Post
(Red Huber/Pool/Getty Images)

By    |   Wednesday, 03 Jun 2015 01:51 PM

Notorious "Murder Mom" Casey Anthony may be in talks with NBC to do her first public interview since being acquitted in June 2011 of the murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Anthony was photographed Thursday in New York, having been flown there first-class by NBC, in the company of Don Wood, an NBC news producer from Florida, where the bankrupt Anthony lives in West Palm Beach, Florida, the New York Post's Page Six reports.

However, a spokesman for NBC told the New York Daily News, "There are no plans to do an interview or anything else with Casey Anthony."

Anthony has remained in hiding since her trial, largely because of anger over her acquittal in the death of her daughter, after the little girl had been missing for a month in 2008.

Casey was caught by police in an elaborate series of lies about the little girl's whereabouts, and Caylee's body was discovered buried in a heavily wooded area near the Anthony's Orlando home in December 2008.

Anthony has attempted to obtain deals for her first live interview since her acquittal, but news media, leery of the public disapproval which would follow any payments to Anthony, so far have declined to offer the big money Anthony is said to be seeking.

"Casey Anthony may finally be ready to tell her side of the story, but so far she can't get anyone to listen," the Daily News said.

After taking a limo into the city, Anthony reportedly met with Matt Zimmerman, senior booking producer for NBC.

However, an NBC spokesman told the Post, "News divisions meet with people in the news all the time. As of now, nothing is planned."

TMZ confirmed that NBC had paid for Anthony's flight from Florida to New York.

Anthony, who did not testify at her trial, could provide the answers to many questions in such an interview but, as her attorney, Jose Baez, who wrote a book about the case titled, "Presumed Guilty," told Fox News, "There are a lot of questions that will never be answered … Part of that will be because people just aren't talking."

After Anthony falsely claimed that Caylee was kidnapped by a nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez, she was sued by attorneys for a woman by the same name for defamation.

Anthony's bankruptcy action blocked any lawsuit collection but, should she get paid for an NBC interview, Gonzalez's attorneys say they plan to get their client's share.

Attorney Matt Morgan told WESH-TV, "The defamation claim was not wiped away when Casey Anthony filed for bankruptcy. I was not surprised by this (news of a possible NBC interview). We were waiting for her to cash in on this case," Morgan said.

"We will stay the course and ensure everything is done to hold Casey Anthony accountable in this claim," Morgan said.

Watch the video below.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
US
Notorious "Murder Mom" Casey Anthony may be in talks with NBC to do her first public interview since being acquitted in June 2011 of the murder of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
casey anthony, caylee, murder, nbc
484
2015-51-03
Wednesday, 03 Jun 2015 01:51 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved