Tags: Hollywood | actor | tom wopat | allegations | arrested

Dukes of Hazard Star Denies Groping Cast Member

Image: Dukes of Hazard Star Denies Groping Cast Member
Dukes of Hazzard star Tom Wopat (AP Photo/WCVB-TV)

By    |   Tuesday, 08 Aug 2017 04:53 PM

Dukes of Hazzard star Tom Wopat on Tuesday said he "firmly denies" groping a woman in Waltham, Mass., the Boston Globe reported.

The 65-year-old actor allegedly put his hands down the pants of a woman involved with a show he is currently starring in, the Reagle Music Theater's production, and was arrested and charged last week with indecent assault and cocaine possession. He pleaded not guilty and was released on $1,000 bail.

"Mr. Wopat urges everyone to keep in mind that these are allegations," his publicist Dan Fortune said in a statement. "He is alleged to have improperly touched an adult female performer during rehearsal in the presence of the entire cast and directing staff."

Fortune added: "He firmly denies any wrongdoing, and after thorough investigation by his defense team and a full airing of the facts, Tom has faith that the truth will be revealed and his good name will be restored."

Wopat will take time off to “address his ongoing struggle with substance abuse,” said Fortune. Waltham police arrested Wopat last Wednesday, one day before the play opened at Waltham High School, after the woman told officers he came up behind her and “grabbed … her buttocks" during a rehearsal July 23.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
US
Dukes of Hazzard star Tom Wopat on Tuesday said he "firmly denies" groping a woman in Waltham, Mass., the Boston Globe reported.
actor, tom wopat, allegations, arrested
204
2017-53-08
Tuesday, 08 Aug 2017 04:53 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved