Tags: nascar | talladega | fan | death

NASCAR Talladega Fan Death Blamed on Carbon Monoxide, Ruled Accidental

By    |   Monday, 21 Oct 2013 01:22 PM

A NASCAR fan was found dead in an RV at a campground near Alabama's Talladega Superspeedway over the weekend in what appeared to be a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Tennessee man and his wife were reportedly camping out ahead of Sunday's Sprint Cup race, and friends discovered the pair unresponsive in their motor home around 1 p.m. Saturday, according to AL.com.

Editor's Note: ObamaCare Is Here. Are You Prepared?

The man was pronounced dead and the woman was rushed to a Birmingham hospital in critical condition, Deputy Talladega County Coroner Larry Seals said.

"When they didn't have any contact or see them [Saturday] I think they assumed they were walking the property or something, and then when they weren't able to contact them they went to the motor home and went inside and found them," Talladega County Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore told Alabama's local FOX affiliate. "The race fans are usually close knit and they share their compassion when something like this happens and there's concern and sorrow and things of that nature."

Seals told The Associated Press that the couple was probably using a gas stove for heat and that there was a problem with the generator's exhaust system. The death was ruled an accident.

The victims' names were not released.

This is the second death this year at a NASCAR race at Talladega. In May, a Georgia man drowned in a nearby creek. His body was discovered 10 days later, AL.com reported, and his drowning was also ruled an accident.

There are an estimated 15,000 camping spaces situated around the infamous racetrack.

Editor's Note: Do You Support Obamacare? Vote in Urgent National Poll

Related stories:

NASCAR Driver Jason Leffler Dies in Crash in New Jersey

Lawyer Claims NASCAR Fans Suing Over Flying Daytona Debris

NACSAR Driver Travis Kvapil, Accused of Assaulting Wife, Will Race  

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
A NASCAR fan was found dead in an RV at a campground near Alabama's Talladega Superspeedway over the weekend in what appeared to be a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.
nascar,talladega,fan,death
309
2013-22-21
Monday, 21 Oct 2013 01:22 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved