Tags: khaled sharrouf | twitter | photo | son | beheaded

Khaled Sharrouf's Young Son Poses With Severed Head in Gruesome Photo

By    |   Monday, 11 Aug 2014 12:26 PM

Khaled Sharrouf, an Australian convicted terrorist, posted a gruesome photo of his young son holding the severed head of a Syrian soldier online recently with the caption, "That's my boy!"

Prime Minister Tony Abbott told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio that the photograph was further evidence of "just how barbaric" the Islamic State group is.

An Australian newspaper published the photo Monday and confirmed that the image is of Sharrouf's son, who was raised in Sydney, according to The Associated Press.

Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll

"That's my boy!" Sharrouf apparently posted beneath the image that was taken in the northern Syrian city of Raqqa, the capital of what has been declared an Islamic Caliphate by the Islamic State, the newspaper reported.

The child, who is not named, appears to be younger than 10 years old.

Sharrouf used his brother's passport to leave Australia last year with his wife and three sons to fight in Syria and Iraq. The Australian government had banned him from leaving the country because of the terrorism threat he posed.

He was among nine Muslim men accused in 2007 of stockpiling bomb-making materials and plotting terrorist attacks in Australia's largest cities, Sydney and Melbourne.

He pleaded guilty to terrorism offenses and was sentenced in 2009 to four years in prison.

Australian police announced last month that they had arrest warrants for Sharrouf and his companion Mohamed Elomar, another former Sydney resident, for "terrorism-related activity."

They will be arrested if they return to Australia.

The warrants followed photographs being posted on Sharrouf's Twitter account showing Elomar smiling and holding the severed heads of two Syrian soldiers.

In June, The Australian newspaper published a photograph of Sharrouf posing among the bodies of massacred Iraqis.

Abbott, who on Monday was in the Netherlands, said he expected Australian C-130 Hercules and C-17 Globemaster military transport planes would join multinational humanitarian efforts this week on Iraq's Sinjar Mountain.

British officials estimated Saturday that 50,000 to 150,000 people could be trapped on the mountain, where they fled to escape the Islamic extremists, only to become stranded there with few supplies.

"Australia will gladly join the humanitarian airlifts to the people stranded on Mount Sinjar," Abbott told ABC. "This is a potential humanitarian catastrophe."

He said Islam State's quest for a terrorist nation posed "extraordinary problems" for the Middle East and the wider world.

"We see more and more evidence of just how barbaric this particular entity is," Abbott said.

Urgent: Assess Your Heart Attack Risk in Minutes. Click Here.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
Khaled Sharrouf, an Australian convicted terrorist, posted a gruesome photo of his young son holding the severed head of a Syrian soldier online recently with the caption, "That's my boy!"
khaled sharrouf, twitter, photo, son, beheaded
428
2014-26-11
Monday, 11 Aug 2014 12:26 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved