Tags: jordan coombs | pot | candy | bar | overdose | colorado | suit

Jordan Coombs' Pot Candy Bar Overdose Results in Colorado Suit

By    |   Monday, 11 Aug 2014 08:09 AM

Coloradoan Jordan Coombs has sued after he claimed he overdosed on the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana contained in chocolate bars promoting retail pot products.

Reuters reported court documents as saying the promotion candy bars were obtained from a fairground vendor and should have been cannabis-free.

Colorado last year became the first U.S. state to begin the regulated sale to adults of marijuana for recreational use.

Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll

This year's County Fair in the state capital Denver included exhibitors selling marijuana-themed merchandise and other products at a "Pot Pavilion," where Jordan Coombs said he was given the confections.

In a negligence lawsuit filed in state court, Coombs said he was hospitalized after ingesting the chocolate, which was handed out by staff at an exhibition booth for LivWell, a Denver-based marijuana retailer.

Coombs said he "projectile vomited" in his car and that emergency room physicians diagnosed him "as overdosing on THC," the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, the lawsuit said.

LivWell did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

The fair said in its promotional advertising that no actual marijuana would be allowed on the grounds, the lawsuit said.

"During our event we had a very strict policy that all of our vendors agree to, banning all marijuana ... products from the fair," Denver County Fair officials said in a statement.

Colorado regulators last week proposed rules governing the potency of marijuana-laced food after two deaths possibly linked to such products made headlines.

Urgent: Assess Your Heart Attack Risk in Minutes. Click Here.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
Coloradoan Jordan Coombs has sued after he claimed he overdosed on the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana contained in chocolate bars promoting retail pot products.
jordan coombs, pot, candy, bar, overdose, colorado, suit
264
2014-09-11
Monday, 11 Aug 2014 08:09 AM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved