Tags: indiana | gummy bears | thc | teens

Indiana Gummy Bears With THC Hospitalize 11 Teens

Image: Indiana Gummy Bears With THC Hospitalize 11 Teens
Gummy bears laced with THC were blamed for sickening 11 Indiana teens. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

By    |   Friday, 07 Jul 2017 05:21 PM

Indiana Teens Hospitalized After Eating Gummy Bears With THC

By Jen Krausz

Eleven Indiana teenagers were hospitalized after they ate gummy bears that contained THC, a chemical found in marijuana.

One of the teens called 911 and requested medical help after ingesting the drug-laced candy, Chicago's WGN 9 reported. When police arrived, they found a 19-year-old male on the side of the road.

The male said he had ingested an unknown drug and wanted to go to the emergency room. The male said his friends had also ingested the drug, and police located 10 more teens in a nearby home, WGN said.

The teens all said they had rapid heartbeat, pain in their legs and blurred vision; some also had hallucinations. All of the teens were 18 or 19 years old, Fox News reported.

Police determined that the gummy bears contained THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, which is found in marijuana. They are investigating where the candy came from and whether criminal charges need to be filed, Fox News reported.

Each of the teens ate about one-half of a gummy bear, WGN reported.

Twitter followers seemed to think it was much ado about nothing, and said THC-laced candy should not cause those symptoms.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
Eleven Indiana teenagers were hospitalized after they ate gummy bears that contained THC, a chemical found in marijuana.
indiana, gummy bears, thc, teens
295
2017-21-07
Friday, 07 Jul 2017 05:21 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved