Conservative radio and TV host Glenn Beck is the latest person to jump on the Boston conspiracy theory bandwagon
, as he pushed the idea Monday that the bombings were an inside government job led by the Saudi national originally labeled a "person of interest."
Beck spoke out on his television program Monday night (video below) and presented his case that the bombings were the work of 20-year-old Abdul Rahman Ali Al-Harbi,
a Saudi studying in the U.S. on a student visa, whom Beck says recruited the Tsarnaev brothers. He claims the plot was covered up by the U.S. government to preserve its relationship with the Saudis.
"There is a relationship between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia the American public doesn't know about," Beck said. "The case of Abdul Rahman Ali Al-Harbi is only the latest example."
Editor's Note: LIGNET: Was al-Qaeda Behind the Attacks?
Beck pointed out that after the bombings, Al-Harbi was quickly scheduled for deportation and tagged as a terrorist (labeled by the National Counterterrorism Center under section 212, 3B, which indicates proven terrorist activity), a designation that was mysteriously dropped after Secretary of State John Kerry met with Saudi Foreign Minister Saud Al-Faisal last week. The next day, President Barack Obama also met with Al-Faisal. After that, Beck says, the FBI backtracked on Al-Harbi from suspect, to person of interest
, to witness, to victim, to nobody.
"Wednesday at 5:35 p.m. the file is altered," Beck said on his show. "This is unheard of, this is impossible in the timeline due to the severity of the charge. You don't one day put a 212, 3B charge against somebody with deportation, and then the next day take it off. It would require too much to do it."
Beck also accused the government of stonewalling the media on information about Al-Harbi, and urged viewers to demand answers from their congressmen.
Urgent: Should Obama Ban Guns? Vote in Poll
He also challenged the federal government to refute his conspiracy theory claims.
"The burden of proof is on the federal government and so far they have not presented one shred of evidence that refutes what [Beck-owned] TheBlaze has reported," he said.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.