Tags: electrocuted | save | daughter | pool

Electrocuted Save: Daughter in Pool Rescued by Hero Father

Image: Electrocuted Save: Daughter in Pool Rescued by Hero Father
(Facebook)

By    |   Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 11:03 AM

A California man was electrocuted while trying to save his daughter from a swimming pool on Sunday afternoon, according to the Palm Springs Police Department.

The man, identified by the Desert Sun newspaper as James Tramel, 43, of Burlingame, California, was pronounced dead at the Desert Regional Medical Center while his 9-year-old daughter was listed in critical condition at Loma Linda Medical University.

Palm Springs Police said in its statement that it appeared that a total of seven people were electrocuted while in a residential pool because of faulty pool wiring. Authorities said in the report that while other people appeared to be far enough from the faulty equipment to escape, the 9-year-old girl remained.

That's when Tramel jumped in the pool after her and was electrocuted himself, according to Palm Springs Police. Both were receiving CPR at the residence when emergency personnel arrived.

In addition, a 10-year-old girl who was at the pool was taken to Loma Linda Medical University and was listed in stable condition Sunday, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. A 45-year-old woman, a 6-year-old boy, a 6-year-old girl, and an 8-year-old girl were treated and released after being transported to hospitals.

Tramel served as vice president of sales and marketing technology company RevJet in Silicon Valley, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

The company's chief executive Mitchell Weisman created a GoFundMe page Monday for the family, which had raised more than $145,000 by Thursday.

"Jim's lovely wife Kim and their children now face the future without a husband, and without a father," Weisman stated, according to the Chronicle. "Even worse, at this very moment Jim's oldest child remains in intensive care, fighting for her life. Please pray with us for her survival and recovery."

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
A California man was electrocuted while trying to save his daughter from a swimming pool on Sunday afternoon, according to the Palm Springs Police Department.
electrocuted, save, daughter, pool
290
2016-03-31
Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 11:03 AM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved