Tags: electric | daisy | overdose | ecstasy | dead

Electric Daisy Overdose: Man Dies at Concert From Too Much Ecstasy

By    |   Thursday, 10 Jul 2014 09:57 AM

The Electric Daisy concertgoer who died at the Las Vegas music festival last month suffered an Ecstasy overdose, the Clark County coroner's office announced Wednesday.

Montgomery Tsang, a 24-year-old from San Leandro, California, was found unresponsive in a parking lot during the opening night of the electronic music festival on June 21, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported. He was taken to University Medical Center where he later died.

The coroner's office determined the cause of death as "acute MDMA toxicity" and also reported "cardiac enlargement," a spokeswoman told the Los Angeles Times.

Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll

The Electric Daisy Carnival is a popular music festival founded by Insomniac Events and held at various venues around the country. The Associated Press reported that about 134,000 people attended the carnival at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on each of the three nights in June.

Two others also died while in town for the Electric Daisy festival, according to the AP, though the coroner's office has not yet ruled on those deaths.

Anthony Anaya, 25, from Everett, Washington, died June 21 at the Vdara resort on the Los Vegas strip. Clark County coroner Mike Murphy said that, while Anaya was in town for the concert, it was not clear if his death was actually linked to it.

Assistant coroner John Fudenberg told the AP that another man, Joey Saychack, 21, of Fresno, California, was found unresponsive at a Las Vegas-area home he had rented with a festival-bound group. He later died at a hospital June 25.

Two people died at the Electric Daisy festival in Las Vegas in 2012, according to the Times. In 2013, the final day of New York City's Electric Zoo event was canceled after two others died.

The Electric Daisy Carnival, which was first held in 1997, grew from a small, Los Angeles-based event to a national music festival, but the Ecstasy-linked death of 15-year-old girl in 2010 forced promoters to move the L.A. concert to Las Vegas.

Urgent: Assess Your Heart Attack Risk in Minutes. Click Here.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
The Electric Daisy concertgoer who died at the Las Vegas music festival last month suffered an Ecstasy overdose, the Clark County coroner's office announced Wednesday.
electric, daisy, overdose, ecstasy, dead
353
2014-57-10
Thursday, 10 Jul 2014 09:57 AM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved