Tags: carbon monoxide | poisoning | maryland | dad | 7 | kids

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Maryland Kills a Dad and His 7 Kids

By    |   Tuesday, 07 Apr 2015 12:35 PM

Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected in the deaths of eight people, including seven kids, found Monday afternoon inside a Maryland home where the electricity had been shut off.

Rodney Todd, 36, was found dead along with his seven children, identified by the Delmarva Daily Times as sons Cameron, 13, and Zycheim, 7, and girls Tynijuiza, 15; Tykira, 12; Tybree, 10; Tyania, 9; and Tybria, 6.

Authorities have notified the children's mother, 36-year-old Tyisha Chambers, of the deaths. Princess Anne Police Chief Scott Keller told the Daily Times that Baltimore's chief medical examiner will make the final determinations as to the causes of death, but he does not believe foul play was involved.

The Princess Anne Police Department found the bodies while performing a welfare check on Monday. One of Rodney Todd's coworkers had called the authorities and reported that he had not shown up to work and had not called his employer. Officers also found a generator with no gas in the tank in the home, according to the Daily Times.

Officers entered the residence around 1 p.m. and found the generator in the kitchen. There seemed to be no electric service, but Keller could not comment on how long the home had been without power.

Stephanie Wells, a family friend, told NBC News
that the family's power was shut off because of an unpaid bill.

"I just feel that the system failed him," she said. "They didn't reach out to help him with his utility bills."

Delmarva Power, a utility firm covering the area along with Maryland and Delaware, reported to NBC News that it was looking into the incident.

Bonnie Edwards, Todd's mother, told NBC News that said her son was a devoted father to his children and had custody of them for about three years.

"My son was a good son," she said. "Not only was he my son — that was my friend. I could call and talk to my son about anything. You couldn't ask for a better father. You couldn't ask for a better man."

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected in the deaths of eight people, including seven kids, found Monday afternoon inside a Maryland home where the electricity had been shut off.
carbon monoxide, poisoning, maryland, dad, 7, kids
341
2015-35-07
Tuesday, 07 Apr 2015 12:35 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved