Tags: carbon monoxide | illinois | school | leak | students | hospital

Carbon Monoxide: Illinois School Leak Sends 90 Students to Hospital

By    |   Monday, 15 Sep 2014 05:01 PM

A carbon monoxide leak at an Illinois school sent about 90 middle school students to hospitals Monday after they became ill due to the leak, officials said.

The carbon monoxide leak happened at North Mac Intermediate School in Girard, Illinois, about 25 miles south of Springfield.

Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll

The students were conscious and talking as they were taken away in ambulances, North Mac school superintendent Marica Cullen said, The Associated Press reported.

Students not taken to local hospitals were taken to nearby churches where they were being monitored for signs of illness, authorities said.

Cullen said several students complained about feeling nauseated. Parents were notified and the school building has been closed, officials said.

A school board member said repairs have been made to fix the source of the carbon monoxide leak: a flue that came loose on a gas-powered water heater.

Urgent: Assess Your Heart Attack Risk in Minutes. Click Here.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
A carbon monoxide leak at an Illinois school sent about 90 middle school students to hospitals Monday after they became ill due to the leak, officials said.
carbon monoxide, illinois, school, leak, students, hospital
166
2014-01-15
Monday, 15 Sep 2014 05:01 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved