Tags: all my children | closet | susan lucci | auction

'All My Children' Closet Emptied by Susan Lucci

Image: 'All My Children' Closet Emptied by Susan Lucci

"All my Children" star Susan Lucci attends the 78th annual lighting of the New York Stock Exchange Christmas tree Nov. 27, 2001, in New York City. (Darren McCollester/Getty Images)

By    |   Friday, 03 Mar 2017 01:06 PM

Susan Lucci, the former “All My Children” star, is emptying her closet at an auction, with items set to start at just $1.

The daytime television legend, who has attained a collection of designer clothes, shoes and accessories over the years, is now sharing some of those items with the public, according to ET.

The famous actress has partnered with Everything But the House — one of the world’s most successful estate sale marketplaces — to auction off the items, ET noted. Some of the proceeds will be going to United Cerebral Palsy of New York City, a charity that works to provide disabled individuals with opportunities.

“It’s really more about divesting and lightening up,” Lucci told ET. “Many of the things I have I’ve accumulated over the course of my career and have been photographed on red carpets, have been on ‘All My Children,’ have been on ‘Devious Maids.’ And then there’s furniture from my dressing room on ‘All My Children’ and personal articles that mean a lot to me, either from events in my life or just beautiful china that I’ve accumulated that I’m no longer using.”

According to Fox News, Lucci plans to auction off 889 of her personal items, and all items are starting at a buck.

Some of the items set to be auctioned off include the gowns that Lucci wore while attending the Emmy Awards over the years – an event where she’s received 19 nominations and won one Emmy Award over the course of her career in entertainment.

Lucci said her Emmy is one item that will not be up for sale at the auction.

“My Emmy is center-staged, on the mantle, in my living room. That is not up for auction,” she said, according to Fox News.

Lucci, who appeared on the ABC daytime drama from 1970 to 2011, recently responded to rumors about a possible reboot of “All My Children.”

“I hope that’s true, I don’t know, but there’s a lot of buzz about that lately,” Lucci said, according to Fox News. “I was stopped in the airport in Los Angeles last week and a man with a camera came up…and he was asking me on camera, ‘So, how do you feel about ‘All My Children’ going to Netflix?’ And I hadn’t heard that. But I heard the word ‘Netflix.’ And I thought, ‘They’re fantastic.’ Because then you know you’re in really good hands. And that’s really important, who’s producing.”

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
Susan Lucci, the former "All My Children" star, is emptying her closet at an auction, with items set to start at just $1.
all my children, closet, susan lucci, auction
409
2017-06-03
Friday, 03 Mar 2017 01:06 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved