Tags: Trump Administration | trump | dubke | communications | resign

Trump's Communications Director Resigns

Image: Trump's Communications Director Resigns
(THIERRY CHARLIER/AFP/Getty Images)

By    |   Tuesday, 30 May 2017 07:51 AM

President Donald Trump's communications director, Mike Dubke, is set to leave after three months in his White House post, he confirmed to Fox News Tuesday morning.

“The reasons for my departure are personal, but it has been my great honor to serve President Trump and this administration," Dubke wrote in a memo that was obtained by The New York Times.

Dubke, a communications firm owner who was brought into the Trump administration in March, resigned May 18 though he has not set a last day on the job and is leaving on good terms, according to Axios News, which first reported his departure citing a senior administration official.

His departure comes amid White House plans for a larger strategic shake-up to tackle head-on allegations involving communication between Russia and Trump's presidential campaign, including a "war room" to combat mounting questions and multiple probes.

According to administration officials and persons close to Trump, the president plans to bring in new aides to the White House, adding experienced political professionals including Trump's former campaign manager.

The changes may also include more lawyers to handle the Russia probe as part of the effort to tackle a scandal that has threatened to consume Trump's young presidency.

Other potential changes are also expected to the White House communications office, according to Axios, including fewer on-camera briefings with White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer. Trump will also take more questions directly from the media, it reported.

In a tweet early on Tuesday, Trump shot back against the Russia probes, writing: "Russian officials must be laughing at the U.S. & how a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News."

Conway, on Fox News, also played down persistent rumors that Spicer, who has been pilloried on comedy shows, was on his way out. She said he would be back at the podium to brief reporters on Tuesday.

Spicer served with White House chief of staff Reince Priebus when both worked at the Republican National Committee.

Priebus and White House adviser Steve Bannon have been laying the groundwork for the new "war room" that will also involve Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner, sources told Reuters.

Dubke oversaw the White House communications office, which ran press and other outreach efforts. His appointment earlier this year came after Trump's previous choice, Jason Miller, declined the top communications job.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
Politics
President Donald Trump's communications director, Mike Dubke, is set to leave after three months in his White House post, he confirmed to Fox News Tuesday morning.
trump, dubke, communications, resign
415
2017-51-30
Tuesday, 30 May 2017 07:51 AM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved