Tags: affordable care act | obamacare | repeal | replace | poll

Poll: 68% of Americans Want Obamacare Fix, not Repeal

Image: Poll: 68% of Americans Want Obamacare Fix, not Repeal
(AP Images)

By    |   Monday, 06 Mar 2017 06:31 PM

More than two-thirds of Americans are in favor of Congress keeping the Affordable Care Act on the books and repairing what needs to be fixed in it, according to the results of a new survey.

The Los Angeles Times cites a Hart Research poll, which concluded that 68 percent of those surveyed want the GOP-controlled Congress to simply fix the federal healthcare law. The remaining 32 percent are in favor of repealing the law and replacing it with something else.

The poll also found that 54 percent of people who voted for President Donald Trump hold favorable opinions of the Medicaid system. That program, which receives finding at the state and federal levels, would receive cuts in Republicans' version of the healthcare law.

House Republicans, meanwhile, released their bill Monday to replace the current Obamacare law. Called the American Health Care Act, it's available to the public online at readthebill.gop.

Many Republicans want to see Obamacare repealed and replaced with something else, but some in the party don't think that is feasible or realistic. Instead, fixes to the law could be written into the existing text.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
Politics
More than two-thirds of Americans are in favor of Congress keeping the Affordable Care Act on the books and repairing what needs to be fixed in it, according to the results of a new survey.
affordable care act, obamacare, repeal, replace, poll
188
2017-31-06
Monday, 06 Mar 2017 06:31 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved