Tags: white house | terror attacks | list | press | coverage

White House: 78 Terror Attacks Press Did Not Cover Sufficiently

Image: White House: 78 Terror Attacks Press Did Not Cover Sufficiently

(AP Images)

By    |   Tuesday, 07 Feb 2017 08:41 AM

The White House released a list of 78 terror attacks that it said the media did not cover sufficiently, starting in September 2014, according to The Washington Post.

On Monday, White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters traveling on Air Force One that some terror attacks were "underreported."

He made the comment in response to President Donald Trump's claim earlier that day at MacDill Air Force Base in Florida that the "very, very dishonest press" had not reported on a number of attacks, according to The Hill

"The real point here is that these terrorists' attacks are so pervasive at this point that they do not spark the wall-to-wall coverage they once did," White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said, according to The Post.

Some of the attacks on the list did draw intensive coverage, such as the San Bernardino terror attack in December 2015 in which U.S. citizen Syed Rizwan Farook and wife Tashfeen Malik killed 14, as well as the June 2016 massacre at LGBTQ nightclub Pulse in Orlando in which 49 were killed.

Several times on the list, the words "attacker" is misspelled as "attaker," according to The Post. Denmark is spelled "Denmakr" on the list, as well.

The list does not contain any attacks in Israel, such as the knife attacks in 2015 and 2016 that terrorized residents there.

Also not on the list: White supremacist Dylann Roof's mass shooting at an African-American church in Charleston, SC in June 2015 or a Planned Parenthood clinic shooting in November 2015.

Eleven of the attacks on the list happened in the U.S. The rest occurred in Afghanistan, Algeria, Australia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bosnia, Britain, Canada, Chad, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Tunisia, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates, according to The Post.

On CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360," Monday night, Cooper pointed out that he covered many of the incidents on the list in person.

Story continues below video.

"We covered them heavily. I know, because I was on the ground reporting them," Cooper said about a number of the attacks on the list.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
The White House released a list of 78 terror attacks that it said the media did not cover sufficiently, starting in September 2014, according to The Washington Post.
white house, terror attacks, list, press, coverage
357
2017-41-07
Tuesday, 07 Feb 2017 08:41 AM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved