Tags: Trump Administration | Democrats 2016 | Hillary Clinton | Mike Huckabee | mike huckabee | hillary clinton | conservatives

Huckabee: Hillary Wants Conservatives to Vote Third Party, Assure Her Victory

Image: Huckabee: Hillary Wants Conservatives to Vote Third Party, Assure Her Victory

Mike Huckabee (Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images)

Friday, 02 Sep 2016 10:50 AM

Mike Huckabee is warning disgruntled conservatives that snubbing Donald Trump and casting a third-party protest vote will assure a Hillary Clinton victory in November — a scenario he believes the Democratic presidential nominee is counting on.

"Did you know that a majority of Americans has never voted to put any Clinton in the White House? Bill won in 1992 with 43 percent of the vote, and was reelected in ’96 with 49 percent; both times, thanks to Ross Perot splitting the anti-Clinton majority vote three ways," Huckabee said Friday on his Facebook page.

 

 

"Just something for conservatives to think about before voting for a third party candidate with no chance of winning: your ‘stand for conservative principles' is what Hillary is counting on to put her and her far-left agenda into power with just 47 percent of the vote."
The former Arkansas governor and GOP presidential candidate noted the results of a Huffington Post/YouGov survey of Republicans that found 54 percent wish they'd picked another candidate besides Trump, while 35 percent are OK with the nominee.

"That could reflect deep dissatisfaction with Trump, or just the fact that the vote was split 17 ways, so whoever the eventual winner was, a lot of people wouldn't be pleased," Huckabee writes.

"To me, the more interesting number is on the Democratic side: 56 percent of Democrats are satisfied with Hillary as the nominee, but only 47 percent say they would pick her if they had it to do over again. That number is eerily familiar.

"If you look back at Hillary's polling over the years, despite media assurances that she is inevitable and unbeatable, her support rarely if ever tops 50 percent. Even when the media trumpet her ‘double-digit lead' in some poll, that usually means she has 47 percent and her opponent has 37 percent. The difference is that her opponent has the potential to rise, but 47-48 percent seems to be Hillary's permanent ceiling."

The latest numbers from the FiveThirtyEight.com's election forecast show Clinton with a 74.5 percent chance of winning the White House to Trump's 25.5 percent.

Related Stories:

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
Mike Huckabee is warning disgruntled conservatives that snubbing Donald Trump and casting a third-party protest vote will assure a Hillary Clinton victory in November - a scenario he believes the Democratic presidential nominee is counting on.
mike huckabee, hillary clinton, conservatives, third party vote
367
2016-50-02
Friday, 02 Sep 2016 10:50 AM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved