Tags: Benghazi Scandal | graham | block | senate | nominations

Lindsey Graham: Block Nominations Over Benghazi

Image: Lindsey Graham: Block Nominations Over Benghazi

By    |   Monday, 28 Oct 2013 12:53 PM

Sen. Lindsey Graham is threatening "to block every appointment" the administration makes until the survivors of the attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, are allowed to testify before Congress.

"I'm going to block every appointment in the United States Senate until the survivors are being made available to the Congress. We need to get to the bottom of this," the South Carolina Republican said Monday on "Fox & Friends."

"Fourteen months later, the survivors of Benghazi have not been made available to the U.S. Congress for oversight purposes," Graham said, referring to the attack that took place on Sept. 11, 2012, that took the lives of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

Editor’s Note:
New Video: Obama Plans to Redistribute Seniors’ Wealth

Graham also said he was demanding to know what role former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton played in making decisions about security around the Benghazi complex. According to numerous reports, concerns had been raised repeatedly about the lack of sufficient security, especially after other nations had closed their consulates and left Benghazi.

In addition, he said he was still concerned with the administration's portrayal of the attack as being spontaneously inspired by an anti-Islam YouTube video, which was the explanation given by former United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice, now the White House national security adviser, on television a few days after the attack.

"Where was Hillary Clinton during all these multiple requests for security? You could see this attack a long time in the making, according to the people on the ground in Libya. Why couldn't you see it in Washington?" Graham asked on Fox & Friends.

"Who ... told Susan Rice this story about a protest gone bad? And who told the president there was no evidence of a preplanned terrorist attack, in light of all this information?" Graham continued.

Graham, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, was responding to a report on CBS' "60 Minutes" on Sunday, in which Greg Hicks, former deputy to Ambassador Stevens, complained that U.S. forces did not respond to the attack.

He called it a "terrible, terrible experience" when the Americans under siege in Benghazi by terrorists realized that help wasn't coming.

"The people that go out onto the edge to represent our country, we believe that if we get in trouble, they're coming to get us. Our back is covered. To hear that it's not, it's a terrible, terrible experience," Hicks said.

Graham pledged to the families of the Americans slain that Congress would continue to pursue answers about what took place in Benghazi and how the Obama administration handled it.

"We're just beginning on Benghazi. To the families, we're not going to let this go. Congress needs to up its game," he said.

Editor’s Note: New Video: Obama Plans to Redistribute Seniors’ Wealth

Related Stories:



© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
Sen. Lindsey Graham is threatening "to block every appointment" the administration makes until the survivors of the attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, are allowed to testify before Congress. "I'm going to block every appointment in the United States Senate until...
graham,block,senate,nominations
490
2013-53-28
Monday, 28 Oct 2013 12:53 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved