Tags: employers | healthcare costs | employee | 2018

Employers Project Healthcare Costs to Exceed $14K Per Employee in 2018

Image: Employers Project Healthcare Costs to Exceed $14K Per Employee in 2018
(Dominick Reuter/AFP/Getty Images)

By    |   Friday, 11 Aug 2017 03:02 PM

Employers' healthcare costs per employee are expected to rise above $14,000, according to a study by the National Business Group on Health (NBGH).

The projected surge to $14,156 is a 5 percent increase over this year's $13,482 per employee.

Employers are expected to pay for 70 percent of those costs in 2018 with employees paying in for the other 30 percent, according to NBGH.

"Employers are recognizing that traditional cost control techniques alone aren't able to reduce costs to the point where they are no longer a drain on the bottom line,” said Brian Marcotte, president and CEO of the NBGH. "Employers … are ramping up efforts to positively affect the supply side of the healthcare system by pursuing healthcare payment and delivery reform initiatives."

Two of the initiatives being investigated or implemented by employers are expanding the use of tele-health services and opening up health centers onsite, NBGH reported.

More than 54 percent of employers will offer onsite care in 2018 and that could expand to nearly 70 percent by 2020, according to NBGH.

The survey was conducted between May and June 2017. A total of 148 large employers participated in the survey. Collectively, respondents represent a wide range of industry sectors and offer coverage to more than 15 million employees and their dependents. Two-thirds of respondents belong to the Fortune 500 and/or the Global Fortune 500, and 42 belong to the Fortune 100.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
Employers' healthcare costs per employee are expected to rise above $14,000, according to a study by the National Business Group on Health (NBGH).
employers, healthcare costs, employee, 2018
235
2017-02-11
Friday, 11 Aug 2017 03:02 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved