Tags: conway | justice department | lawyer | withdraws

Conway's Husband Withdraws Name From US Justice Dept. Post

Image: Conway's Husband Withdraws Name From US Justice Dept. Post
(AP)

Friday, 02 Jun 2017 04:25 PM

New York lawyer George Conway, who had been expected to be nominated to head the U.S. Department of Justice's civil division, has withdrawn from consideration.

Conway, the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, said in a statement received on Friday that he was "profoundly grateful to the President and to the Attorney General" for selecting him to serve in the Justice Department.

However, he said, he had concluded that it is "not the right time for me to leave the private sector."

Conway had notified the White House of his decision on Wednesday in a letter, according to a person familiar with the matter.

A Justice Department spokesman declined to comment on the withdrawal. "We don't comment on personnel matters," the spokesman, Ian Prior, said in a statement.

Conway is a partner at the prestigious law firm Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz. He joins a number of potential hires who have withdrawn from consideration for posts in the Trump administration in recent weeks.

© 2017 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
New York lawyer George Conway, who had been expected to be nominated to head the U.S. Department of Justice's civil division, has withdrawn from consideration.
conway, justice department, lawyer, withdraws
164
2017-25-02
Friday, 02 Jun 2017 04:25 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved