Tags: boston | bomb | suspect | tsarnaev | donations

Boston Bomb Suspect Says He Has Thousands in Donations

By    |   Tuesday, 04 Jun 2013 04:38 PM

Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev told his mother he has received at least $1,000 in donations for his defense after an account was opened for him, ABC News reports.

Tsarnaev's phone call to his mother, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, was recorded, apparently by his parents, and a translation was aired on Channel 4 News in the U.K. Tsarnaev's mother tells him in the recording that $8,000 has been given to the family in Dagestan as well.

The call, which occurred last week was the first between the 19-year-old suspect and his parents. The parents say they have been allowed one phone call a month with their son since his arrest.

Tsarnaev's 26-year-old brother, Tamerlan, was killed in a firefight with Boston police after the two were named suspects after video was released of them near the bomb sites. Three people were killed in the explosions and almost 300 were injured.





© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev told his mother he has received at least $1,000 in donations for his defense after an account was opened for him, ABC News reports.
boston,bomb,suspect,tsarnaev,donations
150
2013-38-04
Tuesday, 04 Jun 2013 04:38 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved