Tags: benghazi | non | disclosure | agreement

Rep. Wolf: Benghazi Survivors Forced to Sign Non-Disclosure Agreements

Image: Rep. Wolf: Benghazi Survivors Forced to Sign Non-Disclosure Agreements

By    |   Thursday, 18 Jul 2013 01:11 PM

Survivors of the Benghazi terrorist attack in Libya were forced to sign non-disclosure agreements, preventing them from publicly discussing their involvement in the incident, according to Rep. Frank Wolf.

Speaking on the House floor Thursday, the Virginia Republican said he was told by "trusted sources" that many if not all survivors, along with other officials at the Department of Defense, and the CIA, had been directed to sign the agreements as recently as this summer, which he believes could explain why no one involved in the attack has yet to testify before Congress, The Weekly Standard reported.

"If these reports are accurate, this would be a stunning revelation to any member of Congress, any member of Congress that finds this out and also more importantly to the American people. It also raises serious concerns about the priority of the administration's efforts to silence those with knowledge of the Benghazi attack in response," he said.

Wolf said he asked the administration how many people had been asked to sign additional non-disclosure agreements, with a breakdown by agency, and whether the agreements apply to both undercover and non-covert State Department and Defense Department employees.

"I do not expect the Obama administration to be forthcoming with answers, but if this Congress does not ask for the information and compel its delivery, the American people will never learn the truth," Wolf said. "Any federal employer, employee, or contractor who has been coerced and is silenced through a non-disclosure agreement should expect that Congress [will] ask to speak out on their behalf and compel their voice to be heard."

Wolf added, "That's why I, along with 159 of my colleagues, support a Select Committee to hold public hearings to learn the truth about what happened that night in Benghazi."

The attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi on September 11, 2012 killed four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens. The administration initially blamed the raid on a mob reacting to an anti-Muslim film before admitting it was a coordinated terror attack.



© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
Survivors of the Benghazi terrorist attack in Libya were forced to sign non-disclosure agreements, preventing them from publicly discussing their involvement in the incident, according to Rep. Frank Wolf.
benghazi,non,disclosure,agreement
337
2013-11-18
Thursday, 18 Jul 2013 01:11 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved