Tags:

IBOPE Zogby Poll: 73% Say Health Warning Won't Impact Cellphone Use

Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011 09:38 AM


Many cellphone users apparently are unfazed by a recent warning from the World Health Organization that the devices may cause cancer.

In a IBOPE Zogby interactive poll of American voters conducted earlier this month, 73 percent of those questioned whether the warning would change their cellphone use habits said no. Sixteen percent said they would change their habits and 11 percent said they were not sure.

The poll included 2,061 participants and had a margin of error of +/-2.2 percent, according to a press release from the polling organization.

A sampling of IBOPE Zogby International's online panel, which is representative of the adult population of the United States, was invited to participate. Sleight weights were added to region, party, age, race, religion, gender, and education to more accurately reflect the population.

Last month, an international panel of experts announced that cellphones may cause cancer. The declaration by the International Agency for Research on Cancer, part of the World Health Organization, put cellphone use in the same possible human carcinogenic category as the pesticide DDT and gasoline engine exhaust.

The WHO group made its announcement based on a review of potential connections between cancer and the type of electromagnetic radiation found in cellphones, microwaves, and radar. The experts didn’t issue any advisories against using the devices.




© HealthDay

1Like our page
2Share
Health-News
215
2011-38-15
 

The information presented on this website is not intended as specific medical advice and is not a substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis. Read Newsmax Terms and Conditions of Service.

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved