If your skin is dry, you need to take extra care, moreso in winter. Winter brings dryness of the skin, and this creates further skin problems such as rashes. The immediate winter treatment for dry skin includes a moisturizer or a winter lotion. However, some natural home remedies for dry skin are also quick and effective but without side effects.
How to Treat Dry Skin: Immediate Treatments
- Take short hot shower to safeguard against dry skin.
- Apply skin moisturizer or winter body lotion when skin is wet. Lotion is the most effective treatment for redness, rashes, and dryness.
- Use soap-free cleanser to get rid of dry skin and prevent rashes.
- Check your lotion to see if it contains ceramides, glycerin, and hyaluronic acid. Body lotions contain petroleum jelly. Such winter body lotions or moisturizers actually help hold water in the skin and safeguard you against the dry skin.
- A healthy lifestyle is a must for treating or preventing your skin from getting dry or safeguarding from skin problems. Intake of food rich in omega-3 fatty acids helps skin retain oil, thus preventing dryness and skin rashes. Drinking plenty of water is essential to safeguarding against dry skin. As the woolen fibers can cause redness, itching, or rashes, use of natural fiber like cotton is advised.
Home Remedies to Combat Dry Skin and Rashes
If you opt for natural treatments, try exclusive natural home remedies for dry skin and rash caused by the dryness.
- Almond oil: With onset of winter, skin care treatment becomes an essential part of routine. If you choose home remedies for rashes, itchy dry skin, almond is recommended; it prevents rashes and other skin problems of winter. Natural winter lotions contain enough almond oil in it.
- Honey: Another excellent treatment for winter dry skin, rash, and chapped lips. Applying honey on skin and lips and leaving it overnight help fight against dryness and the itchy symptoms or rashes caused by dryness. Honey is also used in Ayurvedic winter lotions. This home remedy help you fight against dryness during winter naturally.
- Milk: A natural home remedy for treating dryness. Milk, containing hydroxyl acid, acts as an important ingredient in many body lotions and moisturizers. Milk can be applied on the skin to remove dead cells and protect the skin from getting dried or causing rash or itchiness. This is an effective treatment for winter skin.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.