Foot blisters cause swollen and sore feet, bubbles, redness and oozing from the skin, and foot pain. Foot blisters are primarily caused due to heat or friction. They may appear after running or walking for long distances with tight or ill-fitting shoes. Allergic reactions, burns, and some skin diseases also cause foot blisters or foot pain. When any problematic issues such as foot pain appear, the best treatments become urgent to prevent the pain from worsening. There are numerous remedies available to get rid of foot blisters. Let us discuss some effective remedies or best treatments and preventive measures for foot blisters to help fight foot pain.
Best Treatment for Foot Blisters: Effective Remedies
Among treatment processes, smaller blisters can heal on their own. Some effective remedies used for treatment follow these major steps – cleansing, swabbing, popping, and draining the foot blisters.
Steps for best treatment of foot blisters and the resultant foot pain include:
- Cleansing: The first step in the remedies for a foot blister is cleansing. The affected portion of the foot must be cleaned thoroughly with warm water and mild soap and allowed to dry.
- Swabbing: The next step among remedies is careful swabbing with iodine or rubbing alcohol. A dab of Neosporin or any other antibacterial ointment is advised among medicinal remedies to be applied on a foot blister. This aids treatment by preventing any infection.
- Draining or Popping: This is the most important step in the treatment of foot blisters to get rid of foot pain. Remedies work best when there is no interference of other remedies. In other words, a small-to-midsized foot blister can be left open after cleansing to allow natural healing. If you wish to speed up natural treatment, a filled foot blister may need to be popped or opened. All remedies advise that the blister must be kept safe from any infection. Ensure that the popping treatment uses a sterilized needle. Any needle used must be heated until it is red hot or cleaned with rubbing alcohol to sterilize. To drain the liquid present inside the blister, insert the sterilized needle at the base of the bubble to create a space for the accumulated fluid to drain. Once popped and drained, cover the foot blister with a large bandage and keep it dry. This can help achieve the best results for relieving foot pain caused by foot blisters and speed up the treatment process.
Remedies to Prevent Foot Blisters
Preventing a problem is much better than seeking treatment. For foot blisters, the following preventive measures work best.
- Wear properly fitting shoes and avoiding tight or ill-fitting shoes. This prevents foot pain and is among the best preventive remedies.
- Keep your feet clean and dry.
- Ensure that your socks are well-fitted and ventilated.
- To relieve foot pain, apply silicone plasters over the sore area. This is among the best ways to prevent foot pain and recurrent foot blisters.
These best treatment procedures and preventive measures for foot pain and blisters can help you get rid of foot blisters.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.