L-Carnitine (Levocarnitine) is classified under nutraceutical supplements. These supplements have a number of prominent health benefits, especially for the heart and the brain. They are extensively used to treat a number of health conditions like diabetic neuropathy, congestive heart failure, Alzheimer's, and Peyronie's disease. These supplements are also used for weight loss through their aiding improvement in exercise performance and endurance.
L-Carnitine transports fatty acids through the cell mitochondria, and thus participates in the essential process of intercellular fat breakdown during the metabolic process for energy production. Though some recent studies have predicted possible negative side effects of these supplements following seizures, the benefits on heart health and weight loss over time are indisputable. Evidence testifys to the safety and efficiency of L-Carnitine in improving heart and brain health.
As bodybuilding and weight loss supplements, L-Carnitine also provides a powerful metabolic boost. Athletic coaches and trainers use it aggressively, due to the benefits of L-Carnitine to significantly increase endurance, stamina, and for fast energy generation. With its use, athletes can train for longer while their bodies maneuver under low stress levels, resulting in improved performance on the field.
The list of benefits that L-Carnitine has on the human health is certainly a long one.
- These supplements improve heart health. L-Carnitine supplements are also extremely helpful in the treatment of cognitive cardiovascular or heart health conditions. For patients recovering from critical heart surgeries, it is one of the premium supplements currently available.
- It improves protein synthesis, ensures better cell health by effective prevention of mitochondrial defects, and benefits proper functioning of the cardiovascular system and the heart by maintaining an optimum heart rhythm.
- Weight loss is among its basic benefits. According to medical practitioners, weight loss is only an elementary advantage of these supplements.
- Its ability to prevent cell apoptosis and considerably prolong cell life is among other benefits that make L-Carnitine supplements stand out.
- As a superb antioxidant, L-Carnitine is also capable of penetrating the blood-brain barrier – providing brain cells with proliferation benefits – a possibly effective cure for condition like Alzheimer's.
For the multitude of benefits it offers, it might not be an exaggeration to term L-Carnitine as one of the highly beneficial supplements, doing much for overall as well as heart health and for efficient weight loss and increased endurance.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.