The media leads us to believe that we only need calcium for strong bones. In fact, you cannot have a strong skeleton without sufficient magnesium. It is just as important as calcium for several reasons:
1. 1. Magnesium is an essential building block of our bodies and makes up close to 1 percent of our body weight.
2. 2. More than 50 percent of magnesium is in our bones.
3. 3. Magnesium is necessary for proper calcium absorption.
4. 4. Higher magnesium intake is associated with greater bone mineral density.
5. 5. Magnesium helps to neutralize an acid in our bodies, which would otherwise cause bone loss.
While supplementation with magnesium pills can benefit everyone, I have found that intravenous (IV) magnesium therapy (in conjunction with other nutrients) is particularly valuable for correcting deficiency.
I frequently use the Myer’s IV, which contains 2 grams (2,000 mg) of magnesium, given as an IV push over a few minutes. Using this particular IV, I see positive results occur on a daily basis.
A nutrient IV is not appropriate for everyone. However, a holistic health care practitioner who is knowledgeable in this type of treatment can help guide you as to whether it would be beneficial. For those with severely low magnesium, an IV can provide remarkably positive effects.
© 2015 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.