Tags: qantas | takeover | airline

Qantas: No Takeover Approach Received

Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011 07:36 PM

Australia's Qantas Airways said on Wednesday that it had not received any takeover approach, despite speculation that it could soon become the target of a private equity bid.

Chief Executive Alan Joyce said the airline had not received any approach from potential suitors though he acknowledged there had been a lot of rumours about a possible bid.

Earlier, The Australian newspaper said the prospect of a Qantas takeover had been discussed at senior levels in the government, with the transport minister and the treasurer both inclined to oppose any private equity offer.

© 2017 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
Companies
Australia's Qantas Airwayssaid on Wednesday that it had not received any takeover approach, despite speculation that it could soon become the target of a private equity bid.Chief Executive Alan Joyce said the airline had not received any approach from potential suitors...
qantas,takeover,airline
92
2011-36-23
Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011 07:36 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
MONEYNEWS.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved