Witch hazel, a medicinal shrub with many therapeutic applications, offers natural remedies for hemorrhoids, oily skin, and dandruff and even for digestive and respiratory troubles. Witch hazel is used in topical creams and lotions for improving complexion and can be added in the diet to ward off hemorrhoids and varicose veins.
Here are a few important uses of witch hazel:
• Witch Hazel for Face - Witch hazel’s astringent properties make it a perfect choice to clean the face and lighten the complexion. Witch hazel creams help to tighten the skin and offer a natural remedy for acne and eczema.
• Witch Hazel for Oily Skin – Natural, mild witch hazel lotions effectively remove excess oil and grime from the face and also treat insect bites, bruises, and sunburn.
• Natural Remedy for Hemorrhoids - Anti-inflammatory properties of witch hazel render it a natural remedy for painful hemorrhoids. It helps restore the constricted blood vessels to normalcy and soothes the hemorrhoids.
• Reduce Dandruff - Apply witch-hazel-based oils, shampoos, or cream to reduce the scaliness of the scalp and reduce dandruff.
• Witch Hazel in Diet - The flavonoids in witch hazel tea improve digestive complaints such as dysentery, indigestion, and cramps.
For more on witch hazel, see below:
How Do I Make my Face Less Oily?
© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.