The US government has brought a ray of hope for numerous single moms, housewives, and other women across the country, who had to leave their studies midway due to unforeseen circumstances. Education is power, and to bring about a big improvement in the social status of women, the government provides “scholarships for women” enrolling in any educational institute across the country. Apart from the “women scholarships” provided by the federal and state governments, one can take advantage of “women scholarship contests” run by various institutes to get good scholarship.
Here is a list of the five best scholarship contests that you can apply for:
- Jeanette Rankin Foundation women scholarships: These “free scholarship contests” are ideal for women of all age groups, even for those in their late thirties. Women suffering from various domestic problems like divorce, disabilities, death of spouse, or even layoffs are given preference for these “free scholarship contests.” These “scholarships for women” can be used for financing their education at any level. There are certain criteria which need to be met by women who apply for these “scholarship contests.”
- Women Hispanic scholarships: Now Latin women do not just have to stay at home and take care of their family, thanks to various “scholarship contests” made available to the Hispanic women. Many unique “women Hispanic scholarships” are available to Latino women eager to attend school and join corporate houses. “Women Hispanic scholarships” pay scholarships anywhere from $500 to $5000, depending on the course the “free scholarship contest” applicant wishes to attend, the family background of the applicant, and also the family needs of the applicant.
- Talbots Women scholarships: If you want to earn “women scholarships” worth up to $10,000, you can apply for Talbots “free scholarship contests.” Five women are given scholarships worth $10,000, and 50 women are given scholarships worth $1,000. Each “scholarship contest applicant” should have applied for a two- to four-years undergraduate program. Women opting for a four-year degree program are eligible to receive $10,000.
- Doyen M Green women scholarships: If you plan to make a career in fields like law and medicine that have been traditionally dominated by men, you can apply for Green women scholarships to achieve your dreams.
- AWIS undergraduate scholarship and others: It is true that life begins in the thirties. If you are going through a mid-life crisis and want to start life afresh, apply for one of these “scholarship contests for women.” Some of the key “women scholarship contests” include AWIS undergraduate scholarship, society of women engineers scholarships, C200 scholars, and NBNA scholarships award.
Going back to school is certainly not easy, but things have surely been made simple for women. Take some time and research for various “scholarship contests” so as to find the best way to fund your studies.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.