Oranges have a number of health benefits. Some you are probably familiar with, but others may surprise you. These benefits may be obtained by eating just one orange every day. Here are the top reasons why you should eat oranges.
1. Oranges detoxify the body. Antioxidants may be found in every part of the fruit, including the zest and skin. These antioxidants help move oxygen through the body. In addition, they protect your skin from free radicals. Free radicals contribute to making you look older.
2. Oranges are a great source of lumonoids. Lumonoids appear to protect against certain types of cancer. This includes skin, breast, colon, mouth, lung, and stomach cancer.
3. One orange gives the human body 67% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C. Both wound healing and disease resistance are aided by this vitamin.
4. Oranges contain pectin. Dieters will be glad to hear that pectin suppresses the appetite for up to four hours. When you are trying to lose weight, eating an orange helps you to achieve this goal. Pectin has also been shown to help reduce cholesterol levels.
5. The risk of heart disease may be reduced by eating oranges on a regular basis. This risk may be reduced by 50% if the fruit is eaten on a regular basis. It is believed that the flavonoids in oranges help protect cells.
6. Vitamin B foliate is in oranges. This vitamin is responsible for preventing certain birth defects. It also protects the heart.
7. Potassium within the human body keeps fluid levels in proper balance. One orange provides over 7% of the recommended daily allowance of potassium.
8. Oranges, according to recent studies, contain a chemical that naturally fights skin cancer. Although this will not replace sun screen, it does give your body an extra defense.
9. Phytochemicals in oranges prevent age related diseases. They work together to protect the cells within the body.
Oranges offer many benefits so you should work them into your diet on a daily basis. This is not difficult to do as oranges can be eaten as a snack or they may be added to salads and other dishes. This one small dietary change could improve your health considerably.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.