Hypertension is a medical term that is generally used to describe high blood pressure. The incidence of this medical condition is extremely high in America and there are millions of Americans that are affected by this condition. This disease can develop into other forms of impairment including worsening heart disease, stroke, visual impairment, and kidney damage. In fact, there are several diseases that may result because of hypertension ranging from hormonal disease to renal disease.
The treatment for hypertension as a disorder is addressed at several treatment centers in the U.S. Because of the active functioning of these treatment centers, the control of Hypertension has increased from 27.3 per cent in 1988 -1994 to 50.1 per cent between 2007 and 2008. Thus, blood pressure control has significantly improved over a period of time in the U.S. This also reflects improvement in terms of increasing awareness while effective treatment has lead to an increase in the number of patients with controlled hypertension.
Though there are several hypertension treatment centers in the U.S., some of the most predominant ones include:
· Montefiore-Einstein Heart Center in New York: One of the prime goals of this hospital is treating high blood pressure to ensure the
prevention of various health related complications that may result because of high blood pressure.
· Yale New-Haven Hospital: This hospital has often been ranked among the best hospitals of the U.S.
· University of Chicago Hospital: One of the leading hospitals, it has full-service programs available for patients. It primarily addresses the complaints of those people who are afflicted with pulmonary hypertension.
· Boise Kidney and Hypertension Institute: One of the other predominant medical institutes in the U.S. that specializes in the early diagnosis, treatment, and care of the patient. The hospital is particularly popular for the treatment of chronic kidney disease and hypertension.
· New York Presbyterian Hospital: Another hospital that has been ranked as the best by U.S. News particularly for the treatment of Primary Pulmonary Hypertension.
· Mayo Clinic has been recognized on an ongoing basis as America’s Best Hospital. This laurel has been given to the hospital by U.S. News & World Report.
· Henry Ford International: The Hypertension and Vascular Research Division is known in the U.S. as an organization that is constantly working to find new solutions related to the treatment of hypertension.
· The Royal Free Hospital of the U.S. has a National Pulmonary Hypertension Unit specifically focused on treating patients afflicted with pulmonary hypertension.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.