There are various ways to treat cancer. Some popular cancer treatments include:
1. Radiotherapy: This is an advanced method of treating cancer. It involves using radiation (X-rays or gamma rays) or radioactive implants to kill cancer-causing cells. Side effects: Hair loss and skin-related problems.
2. Surgery: Surgical methods are used to remove cancer-causing cells and tissues. This cancer treatment has a high success rate and is less time-consuming than the other two treatments.
3. Chemotherapy: It involves using various drugs to treat cancer. Chemotherapy drugs work by weakening and destroying cancer cells. 4. Chemotherapy is sometimes administered before surgery to shrink cancer. Sometimes, chemotherapy is given after surgery to kill cancer cells that may persist after the surgery and pose cancer risk. Cytotoxic drugs are widely used.
Other Treatment Options:
• Monoclonal antibody drugs: These are a new innovative class of cancer medicines.
• Targeted treatment: This ensures that the drug is delivered to cancer cells/tissues and does not affect healthy cells.
• Hormones and steroids are also given in some type of cancer therapies.
Alternative therapies like yoga and meditation have also been found effective in cancer treatment.
For more information on cancer treatments, see below:
U.S. Approves Drug to Treat Ovarian Cancer
Breast Cancer: Top Natural Supplements for Treatment
Lung Cancer: Top 5 Drugs That Work
Prostate Cancer: Top Natural Supplements for Treatment
Breast Cancer: Top 5 Drugs That Work
Lung Cancer: Natural Supplements for Treatment
© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.