Dogs are wonderful, loving, loyal, and caring and come in all types and sizes. Most of the time, they are the ideal choice of pet. When it is time for elections, dogs become a reflection of a candidate’s personality. People may even gage their candidates on the basis of their dog. Democrats are in power right now and their pets have hogged much of the media attention, making the breeds kept by Democrats much sought after.
Here are the best dogs for Democrats:
1) Labrador Retriever: Very loving, kind, and compassionate to their masters, dogs of this breed come in colors like black, yellow, chocolate, and silver. The American-bred Labrador is tall and lanky. Its double coat is smooth and does not have any waves. One of the characteristics of the breed is its webbed paws used for swimming. These were useful for the breeds original purpose of retrieving fishing nets. This and their subsequent use as hunting companions have given them the name "retriever." The Clintons, former first family, had a chocolate Labrador retriever named Buddy who arrived at the White House in December 1997.
2) Golden Retriever: Their loyal and gentle temperament makes them popular family pets. The golden retriever’s outer coat is sleek and water repellent while a dense inner coat provides it with adequate warmth. Their color is varying shades of gold. The breeds intelligence and versatility make them suitable for a variety of roles like a guide dog for the blind, hearing dog for the deaf, hunting dog, drug detector, and search and rescue participant. In the last presidential election, former North Carolina Senator John Edwards had a Golden Retriever and a chocolate Labrador.
3) Beagle: They are intelligent, friendly, and full of energy. Their even temperament and love for human interaction makes them ideal family pets. They are small and love to play, making them great companions for children too. Ohio Representative Dennis Kucinich had two beagles during the last presidential elections.
4) Poodle: When Democrats were ready to declare Barack Obama their presidential nominee, the American public had selected the Poodle as its choice for his family dog. In a national poll, the Poodle had narrowly edged past the Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier as the top dog for the Obamas. But the Obamas preferred a Portuguese Water dog after moving into the White House. Standard Poodles however continue to be great dogs for Democrats. They are great for families with children as they are friendly, loyal, and ready to roll when it’s playtime.
5) Boxer: It has a broad, short skull, a square muzzle, very strong jaw, and a powerful bite ideal for hanging on to large prey. The Boxer is a stocky, medium to large size, shorthaired dog with a smooth coat. The Boxer is extremely intelligent, forms strong bonds, is affectionate and loves to run and play.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.