Losing weight and being healthy is a challenge. Being able to identify the best and safest diet plan to follow among the deluge of fads, fallacies, and gimmicks, is perhaps a bigger challenge. Here is a list of the 10 diet plans to help you zero in on one that is right for you.
1.eDiet Plan: This diet plan is available at ediets.com and incorporates the positive aspects of all of the popular diet plans including Atkins, GI Diet, and low fat diets. The wide range of meal options and diet plans offered make it quite easy to choose the one that suits your taste and lifestyle.
2.Medifast Diet Plan: The concept of having five to six small meals instead of two to three large meals is essential to this diet plan. Though the diet plan requires discipline in terms of meal timing and choice, it has worked for many.
3. South Beach Diet Plan: Aimed at lowering the total fat and cholesterol intake while increasing the emphasis on good carbs, this is a safe diet plan to follow. Ensure that a regular exercise regime is added to this diet plan.
4. Nutrisystem Diet Plans: This diet plan brings portion controlled and calorie counted meals to your doorstep helps dieters enjoy great flexibility. Insist that the meals are prepared without additives and preservatives.
5. Weight Watchers Diet Plan: Quite easy to follow, this diet plan teaches you about dining options, preferred snacks, and foods to avoid.
6. Slim Fast Meal Plan: The shakes and nutrition bars are worth a try if you want to shed excess pounds.
7. Jenny Craig Plan: Encourages the dieters to eat its packaged meals.
8. Mediterranean Diet: More a lifestyle than a diet plan, this system works by encouraging dieters to increase their intake of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and olive oil.
9. The Zone Diet: Based on the concept of low carbohydrate and high protein intake, the meal plan is effective because it keeps one full without cutting too many calories.
10.The Pritikin Plan: The focus in this plan is on low calorie foods like vegetables, fruit, and whole grain. It suggests a strict restriction on fat intake and daily exercise.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.