Tags: ISIS/Islamic State | Middle East | SOTU 2015 | Syria | War on Terrorism | Jihad | Freedom

Jihad Advances as Freedom Retreats

By
Friday, 23 Jan 2015 10:44 AM Current | Bio | Archive

From virtually every direction, radical Islam is on the march, spreading havoc and horror in its path. Simultaneously, the civilized world contorts itself nearly beyond recognition to accommodate Muslim fundamentalism. This is a formula for pain.
 
Recent weeks have seen terrorist attacks in Paris and a close call in Belgium. A 23-year-old Palestinian knifed 12 Israelis on a Tel Aviv bus Wednesday. Hamas, once again, is burrowing deadly tunnels from the Gaza Strip, right under Israeli targets.
 
ISIS has busied itself by fatally flinging gay men off of tall buildings in Mosul, Iraq. Last week, it machine gunned 13 teenage boys. Their crime? Watching a soccer match on TV. And Yemen now looks like the next domino to fall to jihad.
 
The civilized world’s response to this metastasizing global threat too often oscillates between yawns and “Hands up. Don’t shoot.”
 
“More than three months of U.S. airstrikes in Syria have failed to prevent Islamic State militants from expanding their control in that country,” The Wall Street Journal’s Dion Nissenbaum reported January 15. “Instead, jihadist fighters have enlarged their hold in Syria since the U.S. started hitting the group’s strongholds there in September . . . The current plan could take years to have a significant impact in Syria.”
 
In Paris, Secretary of State John Kerry saw radical Islam’s 17 latest French victims and raised it one 1970s folk-rock singer. With James Taylor’s help, America then slid from “When the Caissons Go Rolling Along” to “You’ve Got a Friend.” As reader Rich Nutile lamented in the New York Post, “Too bad Frank Sinatra isn’t alive, or he could’ve sung ‘That’s Life.’”
 
Obama used Tuesday’s State of the Union address to declare anew that, “It’s time to close Gitmo.”
 
Guantanamo supposedly drives radical Muslims into homicidal rage. But Gitmo was just a U.S. Navy base, devoid of militant Islamists, on Sept. 11, 2001. So, padlocking Guantanamo will cool the passions of jihadism about as effectively as a steaming pot of Turkish coffee.
 
If Obama’s serial releases of dangerous Gitmo detainees actually reduced global jihad, his baffling policy might be justified. Instead, Muslim extremism intensifies — as America springs some incredibly scary customers.
 
Take Mohammed Zahir, a former leader of the Taliban Intelligence Directorate. According to his official threat assessment, “Detainee was arrested on suspicion of possessing weapons including Stinger missiles and uranium . . . for use in a nuclear device.” On December 20, Obama returned to Kabul Zahir and three other Afghan Guantanamites.
 
Obama has kept springing detainees from Gitmo, as if they were no more volatile than car thieves. But given the almost 30 percent recidivism rate of all Gitmo alumni confirmed or suspected of resuming battle, Obama’s idiotic approach is like loading two bullets into a six-shooter, spinning the barrel, putting the muzzle in one’s mouth, and pulling the trigger. The odds are nearly 70 percent that nothing will happen.
 
Not to be outdone, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio is considering erasing a 92-page, 2007 NYPD report on Islamic radicalization. This may help settle a federal lawsuit by Muslims upset over the NYPD’s surveillance of mosques.
 
Meanwhile, the Oxford University Press (OUP) has offered the most flaccid response to this swelling problem. It has instructed authors to avoid mentioning pigs, sausages, or anything that might be considered pork, lest Muslims take offense.
 
So, presumably books on Chinese hog farming will be off limits at OUP as well as any volumes on using pig hearts for human cardiac care. Pork-barrel spending, bringing home the bacon, and pigging out now will be verboten.
 
The OUP was founded in 1586. It has published for 429 years without surrendering to Jews who avoid pork. Only now, with militant Islam on the move, the Oxford University Press hides from pigs.
 
Civilization’s relentless bowing and scraping before radical Muslims is failing. The nicer “the infidels” behave, the harsher militant Islam becomes. Appeasement works as well in 2015 as it did in 1938.
 
Deroy Murdock is a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace at Stanford University. Read more reports from Deroy Murdock — Click Here Now.
 
 

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
Murdock
From virtually every direction, radical Islam is on the march, spreading havoc and horror in its path. Simultaneously, the civilized world contorts itself nearly beyond recognition to accommodate Muslim fundamentalism. This is a formula for pain.
Jihad, Freedom, radical, Islam
688
2015-44-23
Friday, 23 Jan 2015 10:44 AM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved