Why is a Palestinian state, at least on the Internet, a bridge too far? This quickly becomes clear in the blizzard of factoids that circumnavigate the globe in nanoseconds. The latest barrage (from an anonymous Christian university professor) asks for 1.5 seconds of your time:
(1) Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C.E. (before common era), 2,000 years before the rise of Islam.
(2) Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern state of Israel.
(3) Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BCE, the Jews have had dominion over the land for 1,000 years with a continuous presence in the land for the last 3,300 years.
(4) The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 C.E. (common era) lasted no more than 22 years.
(5) For more than 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
(6) Jerusalem is mentioned more than 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Quran.
(7) King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Muhammad never came to Jerusalem.
(8) Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.
(9) Arab and Jewish refugees: In 1948 Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.
(10) The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution, and pogroms.
Another 10 points, a blend of information and disinformation, follow. The Arabs also dish it out with the same lethal mix of horse sense and bull feathers. Imams and mullahs use their Friday sermons that are then amplified by Al Jazeera, the global television network were the villains are, more often than not, Israel and the United States.
Sheik Yousef Al-Qaradhawi, on his popular Al Jazeera television program, called on Muslims to boycott Starbucks, and implored Allah “to take this oppressive, Jewish band of people . . . and kill them, down to the very last one.”
The 82-year-old sheik's “history” lesson has the Islamic countries receiving the Jews with open arms when they were “banished from Europe . . . but they turned their backs on us and we have become their victims.”
The latest television coverage of Israel's punitive operation across Gaza has rekindled fires of popular hatred from Marrakesh to Muscat and from Benghazi to Brussels, where North African Muslims have taken root. Vituperation from minarets escalates daily. The average working Muslim, watching the bombing, can easily believe the sheik's words of hatred when he says, “In the past, the Jews spread corruption in the land twice, and Allah punished them both times, by setting a masters upon them people who tormented them, humiliated them, and made them bow their heads.
”We wait for the revenge of Allah to descend upon [the Jews], and, Allah willing, it will be by our own hands,” says the imam to a television audience of tens of millions in Al Jazeera, a global television network with record ratings throughout the Arab world.
Then comes the warning that moderate rulers in the Arab world should dismount their bred-in-America steeds, unplug their ears, open their eyes, and lead their people against the Jewish Zionist conspiracy that seeks to destroy Islam.
Islam Online carried Sheik Awad al-Qarni issuing “a fatwa that I am responsible for in front of Allah” that ordered, “All Israeli interests to become targets and their blood to be shed as our Palestinian brothers were killed.”
Sadegh Shahbazi, “secretary” of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) announced a million-dollar reward for the assassination of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.
It didn't require an overwhelming effort of strategic thinking for al-Qaida's terrorist-in-chief Osama bin Laden to step in to the verbal fray after nine months of silence. Predictably, the latest 22-minute audio tape, broadcast by Al Jazeera, called on Muslims to wage unholy jihad against Israel over Gaza — and against ambivalent Arab governments that have betrayed Islam.
The propaganda war, from YouTube, to MySpace, to FaceBook and other electronic conveyor belts make it a lot easier to recruit jihadis and then brainwash them to volunteer for a suicide mission. Gaza, thus far, has been a force multiplier for Taliban in Afghanistan, in Pakistan's Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) and elsewhere in Pakistan.
But the American front remains rock solid for Israel. Two-thirds of Americans blame “Hamas leaders” for the humanitarian crisis in Gaza — and the Palestinians for the latest conflict between Arab and Israeli.
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.