Accused 'Craigslist Killer' Says 2 Men Escaped Death

Image: Accused 'Craigslist Killer' Says 2 Men Escaped Death Miranda Barbour

Sunday, 30 Mar 2014 04:26 PM

 

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
A woman dubbed the Craigslist killer suspect, who is accused of luring a man to his death through the classified ad website, claims two other men responded to her post but failed to show up to their planned meetings, according to a jailhouse interview published on Sunday.

Miranda Barbour, 19, who in an earlier interview said she had killed at least 22 people, named Big Lake, Alaska; Mexico Beach, Fla.; and Raleigh, N.C., as places where authorities might find evidence, according to the article published by the Sunbury, Pa., Daily Item.

"They are looking for full bodies," Barbour told reporter Francis Scarcella in the jailhouse interview. "They won't find any. But they will find body parts."

Barbour and her husband, 22-year-old Elytte Barbour, have pleaded not guilty to the stabbing and strangling in November of Troy LaFerrara, 42, whose body was found dumped in an alley in Sunbury.

If convicted, they face the possibility of the death penalty.

Prosecutors say the couple used Craigslist to lure him to a meeting, offering sex, in a shopping mall parking lot. In an interview with the Daily Item in February, Barbour said she was a member of a satanic cult.

Authorities have expressed skepticism about her claims of being a serial killer, noting her petite size and a lack of corroborating evidence.

"I tried it a few times but it never worked out," Barbour was quoted as saying in the interview at the state's maximum-security women's prison in Muncy earlier this week.

"I knew we were going to do this since the day we met, and we tried, but the others just didn't show up," she said.

Barbour said she dumped body parts of one victim in Big Lake in southern Alaska, about 13 miles from Wasilla, where she once lived.

Pieces of another body were left in Mexico Beach, while another body, apparently intact, was dumped along Interstate 95 near Raleigh, she said.

According to the Daily Item, police in all three locations said they were investigating but knew of no unsolved murders from the times Barbour described.

The three police departments could not be reached for comment on Sunday.

The Northumberland County, Pa., district attorney's office and the public defender representing Barbour could not immediately be reached for comment.
 

© 2014 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Retype Email:
Country
Zip Code:
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
You May Also Like

Gov. McAuliffe Isn't Talking, but in 2007 Said 'Shut Borders Down'

Tuesday, 22 Jul 2014 21:16 PM

I arrived at the lobby on the floor of Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's office at 7:55 a.m., intent on waiting until I ha . . .

Ted Cruz on 'True Blood': Vampire Vote Belongs to Democrats

Tuesday, 22 Jul 2014 20:51 PM

Sen. Ted Cruz took to social media Tuesday with his take on an HBO "True Blood" episode depicting a bloodbath at a ficti . . .

School's Diversity Policy and Prof's Disdain for It Cause Debate

Tuesday, 22 Jul 2014 20:13 PM

A new diversity policy at the University of Wisconsin in Madison – and an economics professor's open disdain for it – ar . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved