OAK BROOK, Ill. (AP) — McDonald's denies reports it's considering dropping health care coverage for some employees in response to a provision of the health care overhaul.
The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday, citing a memo from McDonald's to federal officials, that McDonald's has warned regulators it could drop its plan for some 30,000 workers unless the government waives a new requirement in the health care overhaul.
The company says in a statement Thursday it has been speaking with federal agencies to understand the law.
The paper says last week a top McDonald's official told regulators its insurance plan won't meet a requirement for next year that it spend at least 80 percent to 85 percent of its premium revenue on medical care.
© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.