A spokeswoman for Sen. Claire McCaskill says a subpoena has been issued to the former Arlington National Cemetery officials who were pushed out after the Army discovered that potentially hundreds of remains had been misidentified or misplaced.
Maria Speiser, a spokeswoman for the Missouri Democrat, says the cemetery's former superintendent, John Metzler, and his deputy, Thurman Higginbotham, have been told they are legally bound to testify at a hearing Thursday. The hearing is being held by the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs subcommittee on contracting oversight.
The public appearance would be their first since the Army announced in June that Metzler and Higginbotham would be removed from their jobs. Both men have since retired.
© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.