The Transportation Security Administration’s blog
this week published a list of its top 10 catches at airports last year -- everything from snakes to explosives.
“Some are dangerous, some simply look dangerous and can cause major delays, and others are just plain weird,” the blog reads.
Here’s the list:
1. Small chunks of C4 explosives were found in a passenger’s checked luggage in Yuma, Ariz. He said he was bringing them home to show his family.
2. A loaded .380-caliber pistol was found strapped to passenger’s ankle by a body scanner in Detroit. He said he forgot it was there.
3. More than 1,200 firearms were discovered at TSA checkpoints across the nation, many of them loaded. Most passengers said they forgot they had a gun in their bag.
4. Two throwing knives concealed in a hollowed-out book were found in Washington National Airport.
5. A flare gun, along with seven flares, was found in a carry-on bag in Norfolk, Va.
6. A stun gun disguised as a smart phone was found in Los Angeles.
7. Inert landmines were found in Salt Lake City.
8. A non-metallic martial arts weapon known as a “Tactical Spike” was found in the sock of a passenger in Pensacola, Fla.
9. A science project shut down a checkpoint at Omaha, Neb.
10. Snakes, turtles, and birds were found in Miami and Los Angeles.
© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.