Who says liberals and conservatives can’t agree on anything?
The conservative National Taxpayers Union and the liberal U.S. Public Interest Research Group put together a list of more than 50 measures to shrink the budget deficit by $1 trillion over the next 10 years, The Hill reports.
The groups sent their suggestions to the supercommittee on deficit reduction.
The recommendations include $128 billion in savings for government healthcare programs. The healthcare ideas include:
• Cutting Medicare payments to teaching hospitals for resident training ($69.4 billion)
• Lowering Medicare payment rates in high‐spending geographic areas ($47.6 billion)
• Raising the joint contraction between the Department of Defense and Veterans Administration for the purchase of prescription drugs ($6.6 billion)
• Reforming the operation of private entities that contract with Medicare to improve the efficiency and quality of services ($3 billion)
• Ending improper Medicare payments for chiropractic services that aren't supposed to be covered ($1.97 billion).
© 2016 Newsmax. All rights reserved.