Tags: TV | NBC | Turness

NBC Hires News Division Chief from Britain

Image: NBC Hires News Division Chief from Britain Newly named President of NBC News, Deborah Turness.

Monday, 20 May 2013 12:10 PM

 

  Comment  |
   Contact  |
  Print   |
    A   A  
  Copy Shortlink

NBC has gone out of the company and out of the country to find a president for its news division.

The network said Monday that Deborah Turness, former editor of ITV News in Britain, will run the news division. Turness replaces Steve Capus, who resigned earlier this year, and will begin her new job in August.

She'll take over a news division bruised by the "Today" show losing its long-held dominant position in the morning to ABC's "Good Morning America." NBC also recently cancelled Brian Williams' high-profiled newsmagazine, "Rock Center," after less than two years on the air.

Much of Turness' experience with the British company has been overseas, but she spent four years as a news producer in Washington during the 1990s.

© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  Comment  |
   Contact  |
  Print   |
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
Top Stories
You May Also Like

Viewers Want FCC to Flag Tom Brady for On-Air F-Bombs

Thursday, 18 Dec 2014 13:23 PM

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has received three formal complaints from television viewers who are objecti . . .

Report Gauges States' Readiness for Disease Outbreaks

Thursday, 18 Dec 2014 12:43 PM

States vary widely in their readiness to prevent infectious disease outbreaks, but on a scale of one to 10, no state sco . . .

Accused Boston Bomber In Court Ahead of January Trial

Thursday, 18 Dec 2014 12:31 PM

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect, in his first court appearance in more than a year, told a judge on Thursday that he . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved